Manassas Park Police Department has seen an increase in thefts from vehicles. We want to remind all citizens of a few simple prevention methods that can protect you and your valuables.
The best way to avoid being a victim of a theft is prevention and taking steps to protect yourself and your property. Whether you are parking your car at home or work, leaving valuables in plain sight, or the vehicle unlocked, makes it an easy target for thieves.
* Never leave your vehicle running and unattended.
* Always lock your vehicle.
* Park in a well-lit area.
* Never leave valuables/packages in plain view.
* It only takes thieves seconds to steal your property from an unsecured vehicle.
* Encourage your neighbors to report any and all suspicious activity.
Help us help you to protect your valuables!