CITY OF MANASSAS PARK JOB OPPORTUNITY
The City of Manassas Park Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Accounts Receivable / Administrative Clerk. The City of Manassas Park is 3 square-miles, incorporated City with a general population of over 18,000. The area is mostly single family residential, with some commercial, industrial and multi-family properties. The VRE station (commuter rail) is within the city center.
General Statement of Job
The essential function of the position within the organization is to perform intermediate technical tasks including: preparing and processing parking ticket transactions, accounts receivable, and other financial records and files, reconciling accounts, maintaining computerized accounting system and accounting tasks that may include auditing and customer service work. This position works under limited supervision, independently developing work methods and standard of operations.
All positions at the City of Manassas Park require a customer service mindset, in accordance with the Customer Service related focus of the City.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform basic accounting functions; processing accounts receivable; posting entries preparing 30 day delinquent letters; place DMV stoppages; reconciling accounts (bank financial records, etc.); maintaining records and files; preparing reports.
- Process accounts receivables; various forms of payment; cash, check, e-check, credit card, online payment platform.
- Prepare month-end reports; reconciles various accounts to ensure timeliness and accuracy of balances.
- Examine and process documents, records and accounting reports to ensure conformance with new and existing operating procedures, regulations, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Reconcile timely various accounts with Financial Department records, analyze differences and resolve them, and prepare adjustments as necessary.
- Perform a variety of office assistance tasks a required by supervisor.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Perform related tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Considerable experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Must possess through knowledge of accounting terminology, methods, procedures and equipment, and standard office procedures, practices and equipment.
- Considerable experience in the use of office automation and standard office automation and standard office equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow oral and written directions, establish and follow work procedures, post accounts and perform mathematical computations with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates.
- Must be a fast learning, team player, people oriented, and organized.
Minimum Education and Training
- Preferred degree in Business Administration with course work in Accounting and considerable experience in Accounting and/or Bookkeeping.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
The City of Manassas Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Manassas Park will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
- Requires sedentary work involving standing or walking for brief periods exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular basis and some dexterity in operating machines, tools, or office equipment.
- The position is exposed to no unusual environmental hazards.
- The position requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, depth perception, and texture perception.
Authorized Hiring Range: $40,439.00 – $44,000.00
If you are interested in becoming a member of our team, you must complete an application form and submit it to the: City of Manassas Park, Human Resources Department, One Park Center Court, Manassas Park, VA 20111 or fax/email: 703-335-1405 / email@example.com
The City of Manassas Park is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
You may obtain an employment application by going to the following link:
You may obtain more information by going to the following link for Human Resources: http://www.cityofmanassaspark.us/index.php/component/content/article/128-about-manassas-park/city-departments/124-human-resources
To be considered for the current hiring process you must have your application submitted to the Human Resources Department. This position will remain open until filled.